After Years Above The Law, Trump Admin Finally Filling Suit Against Big Tech Giant Who Controls 90% of Searches, Google
Never in the history of mankind has there been a handful of corporations with as much power over the planet as there is today. Google, Facebook and a handful of other companies are the new public square and they are picking and choosing who gets to speak and what information you are allowed to consume. It is more than likely that you have personally experienced persecution at the hands of one of these companies if you are reading our blog.
While Facebook and Twitter are more overt in their political, identity and viewpoint bias and censorship, Google is more covert, and for that reason it can be argued that they are more dangerous.
According to the Wall Street Journal and Breitbart, the Department of Justice (a racket in which I have less than 0 faith in) has announced they plan on filing an anti-trust action against Google, one of the most powerful companies in the world. The amount of information Google has on each person who uses the web is mind boggling, and dangerous as hell.
‘According to the Wall Street Journal, the Justice Department plans to file an antitrust lawsuit today claiming that Google engaged in anticompetitive practices to preserve its monopoly power and crush competitors to its search and advertising businesses.
A recent report from the Wall Street Journal states that the Justice Department plans to file an antitrust lawsuit against tech giant Google on Tuesday, claiming that the company engaged in anticompetitive practices in order to preserve monopolies in the search and advertising components that make up huge sections of the tech firm’s main business.’
The WSJ writes:
The department will allege that Google, a unit of Alphabet Inc., GOOG -2.44%▲ is maintaining its status as gatekeeper to the internet through an unlawful web of exclusionary and interlocking business agreements that shut out competitors, officials said. The government will allege that Google uses billions of dollars collected from advertisements on its platform to pay mobile-phone manufacturers, carriers and browsers, like Apple Inc.’s Safari, to maintain Google as their preset, default search engine.
The upshot is that Google has pole position in search on hundreds of millions of American devices, with little opportunity for any competitor to make inroads, the government will allege.
Justice officials said the lawsuit will also take aim at arrangements in which Google’s search application is preloaded, and can’t be deleted, on mobile phones running its popular Android operating system. The government will allege Google unlawfully prohibits competitors’ search applications from being preloaded on phones under revenue-sharing arrangements, they said.
Breitbart went on to explain:
Breitbart News previously reported that the Justice Department has been planning to bring an antitrust case against Google for some time. The recent filing comes after Attorney General William P. Barr reportedly overruled lawyers who said they needed more time to build a case against the tech giant.
It was reported that the company has been under investigation for almost a year with dozens of Justice Department lawyers working in two groups, each overseeing a separate line of inquiry. The two main areas being investigated were Google’s dominance in search and the company’s control over the online advertising ecosystem.
Google has control over approximately 90 percent of web searches worldwide, many rivals have complained that Google extends its dominance by making its search and browsing tools defaults on phones running its Android operating system.