Reports say Pentagon is Cutting the CIA Lose and ABC News Has no Inside Sources -Is This True?

Posted by on December 10, 2020 9:03 pm
Tags:
Categories: David J. Harris NATIONAL HEADLINES

After weeks and months of speculation about President Donald J. Trump’s intentions for the CIA, news that the Pentagon under his leadership cutting lose the CIA is not shocking, but the gravity of the decision, if true, is intense.

The only source for the news is an online publication, yet the enemy media, or Mainstream Media. has picked up the story.

There has been no response from the CIA or from Gina Haspel, the director of the CIA.

Noteworthy that the former CIA Director, who appears to be testing on sedition most of the time, did not comment on the story, but John Brennan’s most recent post shows questionable reasoning skills, posted on Wednesday:

ABC News reported on Thursday:

“In a surprising move, the Pentagon has told the Central Intelligence Agency that it plans to end the majority of the military support it provides to the agency’s counterterrorism missions by Jan. 5, according to a former senior administration intelligence official.

It is unclear how the decision would impact the spy agency’s worldwide counterterrorism missions that often rely on the U.S. military for logistical support and personnel.”

Rumors have gotten increasing focus since Trump appointed Miller, and Defense One was defensive about Trump’s moves over the last two months.

Katie Williams reported:

In the final six weeks of President Trump’s administration, political appointees at the Pentagon are reviewing the Pentagon’s support to the CIA, including the use of counterterrorism operators detailed to a division of the agency that has been involved in some of the most high-profile clandestine counterterrorism missions in the last two decades.

The idea is to determine whether Defense Department personnel “detailed” to the spy agency should instead be used for missions related to competition with Russia and China, rather than counterterrorism, according to multiple former and current administration and military officials. 

Critics see a potentially dangerous effort to yank critical Defense Department support to agency efforts in terrorism hotspots across the globe.

Few details on the scope of the review process, including how broad it is, were available on Wednesday. Two sources familiar with the matter said that Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller has sent a letter to CIA Director Gina Haspel saying that a longstanding arrangement offering DOD support to the agency is in jeopardy. 

The review is the pet project of Acting Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Ezra Cohen-Watnick, one of several top-level political appointees assigned to acting roles in the Pentagon in the wake of Trump’s Election Day loss. Several of those officials, including Cohen-Watnick, are seen as Trump loyalists.”

Miller is addressing Haspel, who has been an obstacle to Trump, refusing his orders and going rouge to protect what Americans call “The Swamp”.

Trump did order documents declassified before the Presidential election, and Haspel has so far refused.

ABC News cited Defense One, and reporter further:

Defense One was first to report that the Pentagon was reviewing its support to the CIA.

The online defense news outlet cited multiple officials as saying the intent behind the move is to see if Defense Department personnel “detailed” to the CIA should be diverted from counterterrorism missions and toward missions related to competition with Russia and China. Multiple former and current administration and military officials confirmed this to ABC News.

That diversion from counterterrorism missions would be in line with the National Defense Strategy that pushes the military’s focus away from the regional wars in the Middle East towards near-peer competitors like Russia and China.

“If these stories are true, they mark a serious setback to a very strong and effective relationship between the CIA and the Defense Department,” said Mick Mulroy, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense, retired CIA paramilitary officer and ABC News contributor. “A relationship that has resulted in countless successes in the last 20 years, especially in the area of counterterrorism such as the Bin Laden and al-Baghdadi operations, but also in many that will remain unknown.”

Apparently ABC no longer has a credible source of their own in the White House or Pentagon.

Further Reading:

The post Reports say Pentagon is Cutting the CIA Lose and ABC News Has no Inside Sources -Is This True? appeared first on DJHJ Media.