By:
Posted: January 3, 2021
Category: David J. Harris , NATIONAL HEADLINES
Tags:
Comments: 0

Breaking: Statement from Vice President Mike Pence’s Office about Jan 6th


Saturday night a statement from Vice President Mike Pence’s Chief of Staff, Marc Short, was posted by Kyle Becker, a Fox News Contributor, who reported that Pence will preside over Wednesday’s joint session of Congress to certify the Electoral College vote for the 2020 Presidential election and that, at that time, Pence welcomes members of the US House and Senate to raise objections.


Pence successfully fought off a suit this week brought by Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) that sought to nullify part of the 1887 Electoral Count Act so that Pence could exercise authority to accept or reject Electoral College votes rather than the largely procedural role spelled out in the act.


Becker’s tweets:




“Vice President Pence shares the concerns of millions of Americans about voter fraud and irregularities in the last election. The Vice President welcomes the efforts of members of the House and Senate to use the authority they have under the law to raise objections and bring forward evidence before the Congress and the American people on January 6th,” the statement reads.


The Epoch Times confirmed the story and reported:




From their article:


“This comes after a group of 11 Republican senators announced their intention to challenge the electoral college votes from contested states earlier on Saturday. The group, led by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), said the 2020 election “featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud, violations, and lax enforcement of election law, and other voting irregularities.”


The allegations of fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election “exceed any in our lifetimes,” they said, adding that this “deep distrust” of U.S. democratic processes “will not magically disappear” and “should concern us all,” whether or not elected officials or journalist believe the allegations.”


“It poses an ongoing threat to the legitimacy of any subsequent administrations,” the senators wrote in their statement, while calling on Congress to appoint an electoral commission to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election results.


They added that they intend to object to the votes unless and until the emergency 10-day audit is completed.


The group includes Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), James Lankford (R-Okla.), Steve Daines (R-Mont.), John Kennedy (R-La.), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), and Mike Braun (R-Ind.). Meanwhile, Sens.-elect Cynthia Lummis (R-Wyo.), Roger Marshall (R-Kan.), Bill Hagerty (R-Tenn.), and Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) also plan on joining. They’ll be sworn in on Sunday, several days before the joint session.


Their announcement means 12 senators intend to object to the contested electoral votes on Jan. 6.


Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) was the first senator to announce his plans to object earlier this week.


Incoming freshman representative from Colorado posted her reaction to the news:




Senator Mo Brook posted an encouraging tweet reporting:  Our fight for honest & accurate elections gains momentum! @Jim_Jordan & I co-lead conference call w 50+ Congressmen who join & fight for America’s Republic! Conf. call began 6PM ET. Now 715PM & continuing. President Trump & CoS Mark Meadows speaking. Morale is HIGH! FIGHT!”




The post Breaking: Statement from Vice President Mike Pence’s Office about Jan 6th appeared first on DJHJ Media.


Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?

Related Posts