Candace Owens Reported on Explosion Outside her DC Home

Posted by on February 11, 2021 6:03 am
Tags:
Categories: NATIONAL HEADLINES

An explosion in Washington DC was reported. The story quickly went viral Wednesday night, causing concern due to the military build-up and tensions around the Nation’s Capitol’s Impeachment show trial.

The explosion happened near the home of a famous author, activist, and pundit Candace Owens, who reported her social media details.

Owens began posting at 10:20 PM Eastern Time.

“Just heard a massive explosion in D.C. Our entire home just shook. Does anyone know what that was? “Owens posted.

“Can’t confirm, but my neighbor is saying the fire trucks were called ahead for a gas leak. I don’t think they were able to resolve it in time— hence the explosion. I feel like some homes maybe could have been evacuated before then.  Husband went outside—spoke to fire Chief. Apparently, the explosion was a manhole cover blowing. Claims we are all about to lose power. Firefighters have been out there because they thought there was a carbon monoxide issue. (How those two things are related, I don’t know),” Owens wrote.

A neighbor posted more details:

“big explosion across the street from me. There were huge flames before I thought to take a pic. I think it was a circuit breaker (?) because my lights were going nuts right before the bang.”

Carbon Monoxide incident 1300 block Vermont Ave NW. #DCsBravest has elevated CO levels in 3 story apartment building. The building has been evacuated & 2 occupants being evaluated. Hazmat unit searching for the source.

“Update CO incident 1300 block Vermont Ave NW. I still have elevated readings. Also investigating smoking manhole outside the structure. @PepcoConnect on scene. In the process of ventilating the building.”

“Update 1300 block Vermont Ave NW. Manhole explosion took place with no injuries but damaged parked vehicle. @PepcoConnect on scene attempting to isolate power. #DCsBravest checking adjacent structures for any extension via electrical panels. Additional units requested.”

According to the Center for Disease Control, “Carbon monoxide, or “CO,” is an odorless, colorless gas that can kill people and animals. CO is found in fumes produced when fuel is burned in cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, or furnaces. CO can build up indoors and poison people and animals who breathe it.

The most common CO poisoning symptoms are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. CO symptoms are often described as “flu-like.” If you breathe in a lot of CO, it can make you pass out or kill you. People who are sleeping or drunk can die from CO poisoning before they have symptoms.

The post Candace Owens Reported on Explosion Outside her DC Home appeared first on DJHJ Media.